Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Default Forcing text to bottom of page

I would use a conditional field in the footer for this eg

{IF {Page} = {Numpages} "Put your copyright notice here"}
Insert the field boundaries {} with Ctrl + F9

The copyright information will always be on the bottom of the last page.

Bill Ridgeway wrote:
Thanks for all your advice.

What I am trying to achieve is to force text (it's actually a
copyright notice) to sit at the bottom of a page irrespective of the
amount of and changes to the foregoing text. The ADVANCE field seems
to be the right way to go. However, I can't seem to make it work
either by offsetting vertically or the /y switch.

I would greatly appreciate a step-by step guide.

Thanks very much.

Bill Ridgeway