Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Forcing text to bottom of page

If you use the \y switch with the Advance field, it is NOT dependent on
knowing the distance between the last text and the bottom of the page as it
moves the line of text to the vertical position specified by the number of
points relative to the page, NOT relative to the text.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
Thanks for all your responses but I'm afraid that I still haven't resolved
this issue.

Using an ADVANCE field is dependent on knowing the distance between the
last text and the bottom of the page. I can't seem to get this to work
but anyway this distance changes as the document is edited.

I can put text on a text box but have been unable to set it at the bottom
of a page.

It is not practical to use a footer as a footer is already being used..

Using Page setuplayoutvertical alignmentbottom isn't practical as
this forces all the text to the bottom of the page.

At the moment I have (when viewed with 'Show all') is something like -
Text
Text
CR
CR (until the bottom of the page is reached)
Text at bottom of page
Any editing of the text also requires the text at the bottom of the page
to be repositioned.

What I am trying to achieve (when viewed with 'Show all') is something
like -
Text
Text
Text at bottom of page
Text required at the bottom of the page sinks to that position without
further editing.

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message
Is it possible to create white space and force text to sit at the bottom
of the current page?

Thanks.

Bill Ridgeway