Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Cross References

Hi ?B?RHJldw==?=,

I am trying to insert a cross reference to a table, which I know how to do.
But when the cross reference dialog box is displayed, in the list of tables,
I see a double listing for each table in the document.

Why is there a double list for each table and how can I fix this?

If you're using the feature I think you are, then the entries should be
generated by SEQ fields with a "Table" label. In this case, if you press Alt+F9
in your document you should see something like { SEQ Table } for each table
caption. Do you see more than one for each table?

Which version of Word is this?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org