Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Design mode always popping up

Hi ?B?YXJ0b28zNg==?=,

This is Word that comes in Microsoft Office 2003. Sorry I forgot to mention
that.

I thought there used to be a KB article that described this problem, but I can't
seem to turn it up anymore :-(

This is happening with only the one document? How about if you copy everything
except the last paragraph mark into a new document: does this document behave
correctly?

I have noticed that many people are having the same problem that I am with
design mode opening with documents containing active X controlls. I came
here before looking for a solution, and found the one about reseting the
security level to medium or low. It worked for a while, but just today I
opened the file and design mode came on again. I reset the security level
again, like before, but know design mode opens even with the security level
set to low. Any other ideas?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)