Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Having Clear Formatting reset text to Body Text

That's why I avoid using Normal for body text. I never customize Normal in
any way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...BodyStyles.htm.
You can, however, modify your headings to be based on "(no style)."

wrote in message
ups.com...
Klaus Linke wrote:
There are many other opinions... My "best practice" suggestion is to

stick
with "Normal" as the default (body text) style.

Won't there be an issue when I need to make changes to the Normal
style? For instance, when I add spacing below paragraphs, it also
affects my headings.

Thanks for the helpful response.

Dennis