Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lyn Lyn is offline

Default How do i join multiple documents into 1 single document

Mr. Mayor,

First of all, thank you for your posting in Live Help. I have several
documents to merge so I found information and the link for boiler.dot. I
printed the readme file and followed the instructions. Unfortunately, I am
doing something wrong. I extracted the zip file to Office Startup and
everything seem to be OK, but when I clicked on boiler.dot tab in Word, it
went to a folder labeled "Copy" that was empty. I tried the process again
and had the same problems. I even tried to extract the file to add-ins and
that didn't work either. I am using Microsoft Office 2007.

As I am having such a terrible time, any additional guidance you can give me
will be GREATLY appreciated. I feel so silly that I can't get the process
figured out and I am at my wits end.

Thank you so much, Mr. Mayor, and again, thank you for your contributions to
Live Help.

lyn

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The short answer is that you cannot do this as you can in Acrobat. Much
depends on what is in the documents and whether they are based on the same
template - you could use includetext fields, or you could try the boiler.dot
add-in which you can download from my web site.

Trevauk wrote:
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to
form 1 single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without
having to copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.