Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lyn Lyn is offline

Default How do i join multiple documents into 1 single document

I uploaded the revised version of boiler.zip and followed the process again.
This time, I had no problems. Thanks again!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I have just uploaded a revised version of the boiler.zip file which uses a
different folder selection dialog, which should make things even clearer.

Graham Mayor wrote:
When you start the macro, a dialog box opens with the title Copy. This
dialog is used to select the folder that contains the files you wish
to join. Select the folder then click OK. The userform will then be
populated with the files that folder contains.

Lyn wrote:
Mr. Mayor,

First of all, thank you for your posting in Live Help. I have
several documents to merge so I found information and the link for
boiler.dot. I printed the readme file and followed the instructions.
Unfortunately, I am doing something wrong. I extracted the zip file
to Office Startup and everything seem to be OK, but when I clicked on
boiler.dot tab in Word, it went to a folder labeled "Copy" that was
empty. I tried the process again and had the same problems. I even
tried to extract the file to add-ins and that didn't work either. I
am using Microsoft Office 2007.

As I am having such a terrible time, any additional guidance you can
give me will be GREATLY appreciated. I feel so silly that I can't
get the process figured out and I am at my wits end.

Thank you so much, Mr. Mayor, and again, thank you for your
contributions to Live Help.

lyn

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The short answer is that you cannot do this as you can in Acrobat.
Much depends on what is in the documents and whether they are based
on the same template - you could use includetext fields, or you
could try the boiler.dot add-in which you can download from my web
site.

Trevauk wrote:
I have several word documents that i would like to join together to
form 1 single word document.
Is there an easy way of doing this, like in Adobe Acrobat, without
having to copy and paste everything.
I am using Word 2007.
Thanks.