Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Changes To Toolbars Wont Stay

Unless you tell it differently, Word is supposed to save your toolbar
customizations into the Normal.dot template. There are some add-ins that can
prevent that template from being saved (for example, see
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...t_toolbar.htm). If you can't
immediately spot the problem, try removing all add-ins from the Startup
folder and putting them back one at a time until you find the one that
suppresses the saving of Normal.dot changes.

As a workaround until you find the culprit, you can force the template to be
saved. Hold down the Shift key while you click the File menu, and you'll see
a Save All entry. Click that, and it will save first the current document
and then the Normal.dot template.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Roger Tregelles wrote:
I am using Microsoft Office 2003 on a new Dell D6300 laptop at work.
I make changes to the toolbars in Word to allow me easy access to
commonly used functions (e.g. - Insert Picture, Superscript, etc.).
When I boot up my computer the next day and start Word, all of my
toolbar changes are lost and I have to add them all over again. I've
made changes to my Outlook and Excel toolbars and those changes are
staying. How can I make the changes to my Word toolbars permanent?
Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.
Roger Tregelles
Quality Engineer