Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Word 2007 Learning Curve

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
In previous versions, I always modified the Toolbars. Many of the tools I
never used (such as cut, copy, past, bold, italics underline, etc.) I
always dragged off and added useful tools that were hidden (such as
ParaPageBreakBefore, Doc Properties, File New... and custom macros, etc.).

I always like that there were always so many different ways to work in
Word that allowed users to customize and work in a way that suited
themselves and their principal tasks. To me, much of this choice seems to
have been removed. I was privileged to be shown demos of the proposed
Ribbon before it went beta and was enthusiastic as I could see that so
many more commands could be made available for users, rather than having
to dig deep to find the hidden nest of tools available. But I wasn't aware
of how rigid the Ribbon was to be until beta testing started. I was deeply
disappointed and I still am. And I will remain disappointed until the
Ribbon is user customizable out-of-the-box.

Terry

I hear what you say, but from a support perspective in a commercial
environment, a User customising ANYTHING on an individual basis turns into a
support/helpdesk nightmare.....