Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default unable to select section breaks to delete

Did you try using the replace function to replace ^b with nothing?

scarlett wrote:
I have the same situation. I have tried all your suggestions and
nothing works. Am unable to highlight the section break or delete it.
Very frustrating. This happens every once in a while and is very hard
to fix. I am not sure how to fix it. I usually just end up retyping
the document. How can I fix this so I do not have to retype the
document?

"tablet user" wrote:

For some reason I am unable to highlight section breaks to delete
them...all the info in 'help' and in past posts here seems to assume
that once you have 'show formatting' turned on, you should be able
to just highlight and then delete a section break, but I simply
can't select them. Each section break is represented by double lines
and text that says "Section Break (Next Page)." Does anyone have any
suggestions for deleting these?