John Alexander

I have a similar problem: When I select and copy text from a website, then
try to paste in WORD, nothing gets posted and WORD locks-up. Thanks for the
help

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I would assume that graphics applications don't support links and therefore
have to copy the picture itself. That's not the way Word works. If you want
Word to paste the picture, you have to use Paste Special.

"Stro" wrote in message
No, the graphic is not on your PC (it may be cached, but not actually
saved).

I never sad it's saved on disk. But it cached exactly on my PC, otherwise

wouldn't see it. The clipboard is not a folder on hard disk, it's an
in-memory structure.

Windows is copying what it sees, which is a link to the graphic.

Windows just provides Clipboard service, it's responsibility of

applications
to copy-paste data. Internet Explorer and Word, in my case.

Rarely are graphics actually embedded in Web pages. If you examine the

HTML
of a Web page, you will see that every graphic is a link to a picture

file
stored elsewhere.

Don't even start this. I'm a software engineer with 18 years of

experience,
MS Windows platfom mostly.

I am not an Outlook user, so I can't speak to what is happening there,

but
try this test (if you can): paste your graphic into an Outlook message

and
send it to yourself. When you receive the message, disconnect from the
Internet (set Outlook offline) before opening it. Do you see the

graphic, or
does Outlook try to connect to get it?

It depends on Outlook format option "send pictures from Internet". If it's
set on, Outlook sends pictures along with HTML text. Otherwise it sends

just
links to graphics.

Ok, if you have any graphics software (like Adobe Photoshop etc.) try to
right-click on a picture in web page open in IE, copy it to clipboard,

switch
to the graphics application and paste it. Picture will be copied

instantly -
because it's already downloaded on your PC. Graphics application doesn't
re-gets it from Internet.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help but I see it's leading us nowhere.
Bye-bye.