Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Wow...nice investigation work! smile

Glad you were able to get it working cos' I rarely fire up the 97
system anymore, so checking it out would have been difficult.

Congrats.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:49:02 -0800, DavidOfMA
wrote:

I found a reasonable workaround.

I moved the file DATA1.MSI from the CD to the Office 2000 folder and browsed
to it when Word 2000 wanted the Office 2000 CD. Word goes through it's
installation silliness and then starts. This occurs every time I run Word
2000 after running Word 97, but it's nowhere near the hassle of having to
insert the CD when I want to run Word 2000.

Thanks for your help,
David