Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Problem with custom table styles

This was a problem in W2003 too, which I fixed for me by not setting fonts
in tables and applying paragraph styles instead. But the programmers have
tried to fix it in W2007 by establishing the style hierarchy--default font,
table style, paragraph style. That means that you set your body formatting
in the defaults and leave the normal style empty. If you do that, the fonts
you set in the table style will hold. So far, it has worked properly in my
tests. Please let us know how it works for you.

See the Word team's blog for more information:
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...perations.aspx