Mark S.

Thanks Jay for your reply. I have read that document already and I am still
having trouble. Now i am wondering if it's a software issue.

Here is how my page looks right now: I will show you where I have placed
Section breaks:

section 1) company info, logo, table of contents and legal info.-- Section
Break Next Page--(This Section Break should control the formatting of all
section 1.)
correct?

section 2) body of paper ( roughly 30 pages long )--Section Break Next
Page--
(This Section Break should control the formatting from the end of the
previous Section Break) correct?

section 3) index, glossary end of document Final paragraph marker
( this final marker should control the formatting for the last section )
correct?

If this is correct then maybe something is wrong with my Word installation
because this is how I am currently setup. Am I missing something?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Mark S. wrote:
Hello.....Let me set my page up for you.
My paper consist of 3 different section.
section 1) company info, logo, table of contents and legal info.
section 2) body of paper ( roughly 30 pages long )
section 3) index, glossary

I want to format each section differently and have managed to do so by
winging it but I have noticed that when I remove a section break (
all of mine are "next Page" section breaks ) the formatting goes nuts.

My question is this: Does the section break include all of the text,
info or whatever ABOVE it? Meaning that if I want to format my third
and final section then I need to include a section break at the very
end of the book?

Hi Mark,

You're correct, the section-related formatting is stored in the section
break at the end of the section, not at the beginning. But the final
paragraph mark in the document serves as the container for the last section,
in addition to holding document-level formatting for the whole document.

For a discussion of section formatting, especially what happens when you
delete a section break, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Regards,