Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Metallo Metallo is offline

Default Paste a web page to MSWord 2003

Well, even if you want to paste1 line, it does not work.
This means that Suzanne is right, something in the way the web page is
written prevents to paste it.
I must say, this is the first time it occurs to me, now I will have to find
another way to edit that web page.

Thank you for your support.

--
Alex

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Alex,

The web page (just the coding) is over 500K and contains some scripts and
other elements not in Word's web page generating
abilities. When visiting that page, even with a cable connection the
hundreds of pictures took a long time to finish downloading
and rendeing.
A 500K web document is a lot and coupled with what appears to be a slow
server and another

Word 2003 did eventually open the page for editing (using a saved copy of
the HTML from notepad), but it was around an hour to do
so, (if your antivirus software is set to prescan that page while loading
and if you have auto spell check and autocorrect settings
turned on that can add time to the process) and about another 20 minutes
for Word to generate its version of the webpage of over
950KB when saving from Word 2003. Breaking the links to save the pictures
in the Word 2003 document brought the size up to almost
3MB that's made of a picture filled large table (something Word has a
tendency to process rather laboriously as far as screen
updating.

============
"Metallo" wrote in message
Suzanne,

I tried it myself your solution n° 2 before posting this forum.
Again, try yourself, Word does not open the saved HTML webpage, but you
can
see the link in the clipboard.

As far as your solution n° 1, sure it is as you say, but I need text and
images.

Thank you for your effort.

--
Alex