Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default MAYBE "CONTACT US" SHOULD REALY MEAN "CONTACT US"

Did you make sure you're running the latest/greatest printer drivers since
your reinstall?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Just Jones." wrote in message
I have a 'you-beaut, $3,000.00) Canon i6500, A3 Format, color printer. The
same printer I've allways had, no changes there. NOTHING ELSE HAS CHANGED.
HAD A NEW, FASTER DRIVE INSTALLED, all my old programs re-installed, from
all
my original discs, including Office XP Proffesional PLUS MEDIA CONTENT. As
far as I'm concerned the content of the programs should not have changed.
had hundreds of fonts (eg Jokerman; Amerigo; etc) now there is a very
basic
set of fonts, about fifty. I've searched and searched, I've tried
everything
I know and a few things I've never done before, I've tried your
sugestions,... no fonts.
Now I'm going to try some headache pills, may not find my fonts but will
hopefully help with my headache ;-)
Just Jones.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What printer do you have selected as the Windows default? Also, keep in
mind
that Word does not show font variants (bold, italic, bold italic), nor
does
it show screen fonts, which it will not use. Moreover, if you have
PostScript fonts but have chosen to display only TrueType fonts, you
won't
see the PS ones.

so
all may benefit.

"Just Jones." wrote in message
Hi, and thanks for your advice. However, it didn't work. Maybe the
whole
story would help.
I had a new hard drive installed in my computer, everything else is the
same, nothing changed. My own programs were re-installed, including
Office

XP
Professional and Media Content.(Which contains many, many fonts) Same
printer, same everything. Now Word offers only about fifty fonts in the

Font
tab. The others are there in the folder when I go into program files
etc

but
they DO NOT show up in the actual Word window when I'm working.
How do I get them back into the Word program, please.
Just Jones.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For starters, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Just Jones." Just wrote in
message
All I want to do is find out where my fonts went. Is that so hard?
45
minutes
chasing around Microsoft sites, hair pulled out and scattered over
the
floor,
the poor dog has gone into hiding and still no help. HELP,
obviously
doesn't
mean HELP and CONTACT US just as obviously doesn't mean CONTACT
US.
HOW DO I GET MY FONTS BACK AFTER RE-INSTALLING OFFICE XP?

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.