Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Quick Part page layouts

If you want a Quick Part (Building Block) to insert section formatting, you
must create it so that it includes at least one actual section break. Note,
however, that since each section break stores the formatting of the previous
section, this is likely to be very confusing for users. Creating macros
would probably be easier.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wizzo" wrote in message
news
I am trying to set up a template in Word 2007, with protected styles, that
has Quick Part items that insert a custom layout (margins, header, footer,
page nos. etc) in either landscape or portrait orientation.

One QP would insert a section with portrait layout (with a different first
page).

The second QP would insert a new page section in landscape (with different
margins etc.)

The final QP would insert a new page section in portrait (with the same
margins etc., as the first section).

The second and third QP would not have a different first page.

I have tried various techniques but cannot succeed. Any ideas?

Wizzo
--
cheer up it could be worse - I did and it was...