Default How to open a file as a word doc with pictures attached to it ?

When i double click on the file i get the little window asking me to choose
which program That I wanna use to open these files always.

The option box is greyed out and I am not able to click on it.

The files also has JPG. and bmp. pic attached to it and they won't open, i
don't even get the option.