Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default merge a catalog

Assuming that you are still using a catalog type mail merge main document and
that it did not somehow get changed to a formletter type main document, check
the formatting of the paragraphs in the main document to ensure that they are
not formatted to have a page break before them. Also check that you do not
have a hard page break in the main document.

If the main document got changed to a formletter type, you would get a clue
to that by noting how many Sections there are in the document produced by
executing the merge.

"Cathy" wrote:

In the past I have used a document that I created with which to merge a list
and create a catalog list. Now when I try to merge this rather than getting
a catalog list each record merges on a separate page. What have I done wrong
that this doesn't work anymore?
--
Cathy