garfield-n-odie

Select the cell (or column, if that makes more sense), and set a
right-aligned tab at the right cell border. Then type the
left-aligned text, press Ctrl+Tab, and type the right-aligned text.

Jim wrote:

Hi everyone:

I have constructed a regular Word table (not an Excel spreadsheet). Iam
using Word 2000.

When I was using WordPerfect, it would allow me to have two different
alignments within one cell. In other words, lets say I have a column of
cells. Within each cell I want to enter some information that is left margin
justified, then the balance of the data is to be right margin justified.

This scenario arises a lot in my line of work. It doesn't make sense to
create a second column due to space concerns on the page.

If I am not in a table format, Word allows me to do this on the same line by
using Print or Web view and letting the curser flag change to reflect the
margin justifications. WHen I try this inside the table it doesn't seem to
work.

Is there anyway to make this happen?

Thanks, you guys are always very helpful.