Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattG MattG is offline

Default Is there a tool to create a document based on a decision tree?

I create statements of work routinely for 10 to 20 different core projects.
Each project has many related sub-tasks that fit into different phases of the
project. Not all projects need all of the items, but I'd like to check off
items that should be included.
I am looking for a program that will allow me to choose one of the base
templates, from which I will be presented with sub-task topics to choose
from, and then, at the end of the "wizard" (I envision it will be wizard
based), it will kick out a document which includes text and material from the
core topic and all of the sub-task components I've chosen.
Anyone see a tool that works like this?
Can anyone suggest a way of building such a tool? Would it be Access
combined with Word?