Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattG MattG is offline

Default Is there a tool to create a document based on a decision tree?

I already use Project to track the project, but Project doesn't create a
proposal document for me.

So I guess my question wasn't very clear.

I need a "wizard" that starts with a selection of templates and then drills
down asking questions or presenting options based on the source of the tree.
As I check off items, it remembers what was selected and then, as the final
step, creates a Word document from data associated with the selected choices.

Thanks,
Matt

"Jezebel" wrote:

You want a project management tool, such as MS Project or equivalent.

"MattG" wrote in message
I create statements of work routinely for 10 to 20 different core projects.
Each project has many related sub-tasks that fit into different phases of
the
project. Not all projects need all of the items, but I'd like to check
off
items that should be included.
I am looking for a program that will allow me to choose one of the base
templates, from which I will be presented with sub-task topics to choose
from, and then, at the end of the "wizard" (I envision it will be wizard
based), it will kick out a document which includes text and material from
the
core topic and all of the sub-task components I've chosen.
Anyone see a tool that works like this?
Can anyone suggest a way of building such a tool? Would it be Access
combined with Word?