Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Copying content of HTML Document

Do you actually want the hyperlinks gone, or do you just want to *not*
see {HYPERLINK url.com }?

Toggle Field Codes should hide or show the field codes for the entire
document, I thought. Try hitting Alt-F9 instead, and if that still
doesn't hide the field codes, go to Tools | Options | View and uncheck
the box for field codes.

Your description of the two linked problems suggests you just want to
hide the field codes. But if you actually want the hyperlinks gone, then
Select all, and use control-shift-F9 to convert them all to plain text.
But this will wipe all your fields (cross-references, table of contents,
etc), not just hyperlinks. I'd test it on a COPY first.

mm18 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I am aware that I can get the text by right
clicking on 'Toggle Field Codes'. When the document contains many hyperlinks,
this is a slow, tedious process. There was a time, before I made whatever
changes the Microsoft adviser recommended, that I could copy the text of the
HTML document and it would be directly readable, without the hyperlinks, and
I am trying to get back to that point.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

try this:
Right-click on any hyperlink and select Toggle Field Codes.

mm18 wrote:

Sometime ago, I posted a question on the Microsoft forum that involved
wanting to keep the original creation date of a Word document when I
retrieved it. The Word program was changing the date to the current date. A
Microsoft adviser responded with the suggested changes I needed to make.

However, I now have another problem because of this. If I copy some text
from a Web HTML document and copy it to Word, the document is full of
hyperlinks and the text is unreadable unless I manually go through the text
and convert all the hyperlinks to text. This is not a usable solution.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.