Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bsharp bsharp is offline

Default "Match fields" changes not saving when start from Outlook

I am using Word and Outlook 2007. When I start a merge from Outlook by
selecting the contact from the contact list, then tools, then mail merge, I
am having this issue. If I start from Word, the issue is not there, but then
I can't get to my Outlook fields.

I had changed some of the match fields in the recent past, and the changes
stuck. Now I want to revert back to the default settings. When I make the
changes, they don't stick. I am checking "Remember this matching set" at the
bottom.

Doesn't seem to matter if I load a new document, or open an existing
document. This happens either way.