Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default "Match fields" changes not saving when start from Outlook

I guess that you are using the AddressBlock. Instead of doing that, just
insert the mergefields, using their actual names in the configuration that
you want them.

See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bsharp" wrote in message
I am using Word and Outlook 2007. When I start a merge from Outlook by
selecting the contact from the contact list, then tools, then mail merge,
am having this issue. If I start from Word, the issue is not there, but
then
I can't get to my Outlook fields.

I had changed some of the match fields in the recent past, and the changes
stuck. Now I want to revert back to the default settings. When I make the
changes, they don't stick. I am checking "Remember this matching set" at
the
bottom.

Doesn't seem to matter if I load a new document, or open an existing
document. This happens either way.