Graham Mayor

It is never a good idea to open attachments directly from e-mail messages,
so this is no bad thing.

Cincyforyou wrote:
I have been using Office 2003 for a year. At one point I tried to
follow some directions for anti-spam setup and ever since then I
cannot open a Word attachment directly from email. I have to save the
attachment to the hard drive first. Also, my Word icon changed on the
attachments from the usual "W' to an icon that looks like a notepad -
it has blue lines on the left hand side and a red piece on the lower
right hand corner. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Note - I can open Excel attachments with no problem.