Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Default How do I set up Track Changes so that it doesn't flag deletion

Hi ?B?U2hhbmUgaW4gTG9uZG9u?=,

Hopefully when they get round to upgrading us to a newer version of Word,
I'll find that they've put this particularly quirk "back the way it was"; in
the meantime, I guess I'm resigned to marking my changes the old fashioned
way.

Oh, it's back in the later versions :-)

It all begs the question: Who, exactly, thought that the removal of a
perfectly good feature was a good idea?

Probably some "expert" who thought he knew all about how everyone in the world
uses track changes. I always shake my head at the "new improved" mail merge
interface they spent so many resources on for Word 2002. A *modal* dialog box
for selecting fields? C'mon... WordPerfect wins the day, again!

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)