Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Directory problem

You cannot mix letter and directory merges in the same document - Fellow MVP
'macropod' has posted a tutorial on this, with working field codes and a
sample Excel data source which you can download from my website
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip

4charity wrote:
I have used the directory feature in MailMerge to create a letter,
that includes information from multiple records. It also includes
fields with common information across the records that print at the
top of the letter Name and CLaimNumber, before I include the
columns of multiple data. What I need it to do is, again display
common fields at the bottom of the letter
(ExaminerName,ExaminerPhoneNumber). These fields simply do
not print now. Is there a field code I can put in to get back out of
the next record mode? Here is what I have:

Dear «Name»,

Claim Number «ClaimNumber»

The following invoices have been reviewed:

Invoice Number Invoice Amount

Thank you for your business.
«ExaminerName»
Please contact us at: «ExaminerPhoneNumber»