Jay Freedman

No, there isn't. The translation feature is provided by a web service only.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Robinb wrote:
Jay,
Thank you for the info. The only problem I have is that the users
that need to do the translation does not have internet access,
therefore, they can not access the wordlingo site. I need to know if
there is something internal in Office that will allow this to be done.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

RobinB wrote:
I have several documents and signs in English that I have created
for customers. The customers are now requesting that I make them
documents & signs in both English & Spanish. Is there a way to
select the text that I have, and translate it to Spanish?

Yes, you can do that...

Select the text, hold the Alt key, and click on the selection. The
Research task pane opens. The first time, you'll have to set the
search type to "Translation" and set the from/to languages. For some
reason, the results are below a very large blank space, so you have
to scroll down to see them.

This may work well enough for the short phrases on the average sign.
Still, you'll want to have the results checked by someone who is
familiar with the particular dialect(s) spoken by your customers.
Words that are perfectly ordinary in, say, Castilian Spanish may
have unsavory connotations in, say, Mexican or Cuban Spanish. The
machine translation in Word won't tell you any of that.

But if you have to have a person check the translations, why not
just have that person write the translations in the first place?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman