Okay, hadn't tried it recently, but you'd think if the proofing tools have
all those flavors they'd offer them in translation as well.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:58:18 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Actually, Jay, I think the French and Spanish translations are available
offline (but only for one word at a time). And note that you can select

the
"flavor" of Spanish you want. Not that I wouldn't still caution users

about
the use of any kind of machine translation, and especially of

word-for-word
translation, which would probably be worse than useless for most phrases.

Yes, I see that now (hadn't played with the off-line version and
remembered what we were shown before Word 2003 shipped). But the
"flavors" I see are Modern Sort vs. Traditional Sort, which IIRC
refers to where letters such as ñ appear in alphabetic ordering.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman