Vee

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It sounds as if Word is not defaulting to the folder where you store your
documents. You can change this by changing the path for "Word documents"

on
the File Locations tab of Tools | Options. Also, if you are using the
Windows default My Documents folder for files from many programs and have
the "Files of type" setting (in Word's File Open dialog) set to "All
Documents," you might want to change it "All Word Documents."

so
all may benefit.

Many thanks Suzanne, worked a treat. Just what I wanted.
:-))
Vee