Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Renee Cabets

Default Macro for Letter Settings Help

I did change the margins in the header by the text box, but I can't seem to
change the left side margin in the page when I exit the header. If I am
successful in changing the margin on the 2nd page, it also changes on the
first. If I insert a break, it breaks to the 3rd page. I have been a
WordPerfect user for many years and I am sure I am just missing something
simple. I apparently still think in WordPerfect terms. Thanks again for
your assistance.
Renee
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You change the margins by changing the header/footer. If you just want

more
space at the top and bottom, you add that space (or content) to the header
and footer. If you need more margin at one side, you create it with a text
box or frame, as detailed in the "More complex letterhead" section.

And if what you're saying is that you want to change the "margins" of the
header and footer, you do this with paragraph indents (negative if
necessary).

so
all may benefit.

"Renee Cabets" wrote in message
Thank you for the posts and I have looked into much of the information,

but
I am still puzzled. It addresses my issue, but I must be missing

something.
I do not want a header to appear on the first page, so I have selected
different first page. My problem occurs with the margins on the second
page. How can I insert formatting so that when I am typing a letter

that
automatically goes into a second page the margins change. I believe I

have
corrected the header to change to the correct margin, but I am having a
problem with the text.

I greatly appreciate your help in this matter
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You do NOT need a macro for this, just a proper template. See the
instructions for a multipage letterhead in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm. Note that you can

choose
different paper trays for "First page" and "Other pages" on the Paper

tab
of
Page Layout.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Renee Cabets" wrote in message
I am trying to create a Macro in Word 2003. The document is

supposed
have a different margin and paper tray on the first page. (I have

separate
letterhead and 2nd sheet paper trays). There should be a header and

different margin on the second page. I am having trouble changing

the
margin on the second page. I just cannot get the page margin to

change
and
keep the header from appearing on the first page. Can someone

please
lead
me in the right direction?

I greatly appreciate any assistance.