Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Style Char problem

Assuming that the char styles were created the way Cindy Meister
describes in her article, their formatting would depend on which
paragraph style was applied to the selection.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mary Chris" wrote in message
That solves part of the mystery. I didn't know that the styles were

linked.

Can you also tell me why that "Char" style is 12 point font in some

documents
and 10 point in others? Something with the stylesheet?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See if this helps:
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...p.htm#CharStyl.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mary Chris" wrote in message
news
Our business uses an attached stylesheet to make our

documentation
look consistent. Occasionally we have problems with styles added
by Word when our subject matter experts add content and don't use
the stylesheet properly. I can copy some styles from the stylesheet
to solve some problems and have been able to delete some styles
to solve others, however there are some things that baffle me.

Lately we have found that some users with XP for Windows and

Word
are getting different fonts for the same "Char" style. This throws

off
the formatting. There are some files with a "Table" style which is
Arial 10 and the "Table Char" style which is the same on some
computers, but Arial 12 on others.

A Find on the Char style says there is no content with that

style.
Then when the style is deleted, quite a few of the cells of the

tables
will go to "Normal" (Word replaces the deleted style with Normal

style).

Help?