Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelley Kelley is offline

Default Word Mail Merge not picking up filtered data from Excel

Word 2007, Excel 2007, XP

I am trying to use Mail Merge in Word (envelopes) from a large Excel
spreadsheet. The Excel spreadsheet has several columns that have been
filtered. I turn the filter off before saving the spreadsheet (saving the
filtered information). When I merge, ALL the information on the spreadsheet
is coming over - which rather defeats the purpose of filtering the
spreadsheet in the first place.

I can copy the filtered spreadsheet onto a new spreadsheet and then the
merge seems to work, but should I have to do this?

Any ideas? Thanks.