Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] matt.jaffe@gmail.com is offline

Default Is "extend selection" mode supposed to work across embedded objectsin Word 2010?

In Word 2010, I'm referring to the use of the F8 key. When I position the mouse and click, turn on the extend selection mode with the F8 key, and than move the mouse to another location and click to select the region of text in between the two locations, everything works as I expect, *except* if there's a picture in the middle of the text I'm trying to select. In that case, the second mouse click appears to turn off the extended selection mode and no text whatsoever is highlighted/selected. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Other?