Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
johnthebaptist johnthebaptist is offline

Default Semi-enabled cursor in table cell

"johnthebaptist" wrote:

Thanks, Jay. You did answer my question; whether it solved my problem or
not remains to be seen. I'll let you know.

I thought I'd try option 2 first as being simpler, and successfully
converted my table to text. So far I can't reconvert to the original table.
Here are the relevant instructions with my comments:

Convert text to a table

1. Insert separator characters €” such as commas or tabs €” to indicate where
you want to divide the text into columns.

In the header row I inserted a tab between Date and Remarks to
separate the two columns and pressed the Paragraph button on the ribbon right
after Remarks to start a new row.

Result after the Convert to Table command: a two-column table. In
the header row Date and Remarks were in the first column and the automated
date in the second column. I expected the automated date to go into the
first column of the second row.

So the desired two columns were not separated by the tab and the
Paragraph button on the ribbon did not start a new row. Where did I go wrong?

Use paragraph marks to indicate where you want to begin a new row.

For example, in a list with two words on a line, insert a comma or a tab
after the first word to create a two-column table.

2. Select the text that you want to convert.

On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, click Table, and then click Convert
Text to Table.