WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Page numbers in a new section are not continuous

It sounds like you need to change the page numbering format for the section that starts with chapter 16. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Go to the beginning of the section that starts with chapter 16.
  2. Double-click on the footer to open the footer area.
  3. In the Design tab that appears, click on the "Link to Previous" button to unlink the footer from the previous section.
  4. Click on the "Page Number" button in the Header & Footer section of the Design tab.
  5. Choose "Format Page Numbers" from the drop-down menu.
  6. In the Page Number Format dialog box, select "Continue from previous section" under "Page numbering."
  7. Click OK to close the dialog box.
  8. You should now see the correct page number in the footer for the current section.

If you want to start the page numbering at a specific number, you can also do that in the Page Number Format dialog box. Just select "Start at" and enter the number you want to start with.