Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How to turn on only change bars to track changes

In ToolsOptionsTrack Changes, select Hidden for deleted text.

Or run a macro containing the following code:

Options.DeletedTextMark=wdDeletedTextMarkHidden

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
How do I turn on "only" change bars to track changes?
When I add a word or letter it works fine, but when I delete a word I get
the change bar and also the word has a strike through and can't be
deleted.
The options under the tools menu doesn't have this option.
I have word 2002 SP3.

Thanks

Dave