Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007: Underline space between para number and text

Oh, did they finally get around to fixing that? Hooray!

http://word.mvps.org

"PamC via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
Go to Office button Word options advanced compatibility options for
section layout options. Put a check in the box for underline tab
character
in numbered list.

PamC

Haryadoon wrote:
In Word 2007, I'm using outline numbering, from the default, basic
template.
For heading 1, I want to underline the whole paragraph, including the
number
and the space between the number and the text. I can underline the text
easily. I can underline the number (not so easy, but I worked it out). I
cannot work out how to underline the space before the text. I've tried
setting a tab with the underline leader (leader option 4), but that
doesn't
work, and leader 4 is not a true text underline anyway.

Help !