garfield-n-odie

Gridlines are meant to be seen only on the screen. If you want to print
lines around your table cells, you need to select the table and apply
borders (Format | Borders and Shading | Borders tab | select a border
style). If you have Word 2002 or 2003, you can modify the Table Grid
style to have the desired border style, so that new tables will
automatically be formatted with borders.

The Phantom wrote:

I seem to have the opposite desire for many people: I would like to change my
default so that gridlines in my tables print automatically. (I am using a
survey-generating program that exports to Word.) Is this possible?

Thanks,

The Phantom