Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default single space text/double space between

You're welcome. This is an interesting one to experiment with because it is
not quite a toggle. It adds 12 pts if there is no Space Before and can
remove the space you just added, but if the Space Before is anything other
than 12 pts, it increases/decreases it to that amount.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
I thought I was pretty good with the keyboard but I didn't know that -

thank
you, Suzanne.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
That's what the Spacing Before/After setting in Format | Paragraph is

for.
An easy way to add 12 pts (equivalent of a "blank line") before a

paragraph
is to press Ctrl+0 (zero), though of course this type of formatting is

best
applied using a style such as Body Text (which has 6 pts after by

default).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Colleen" wrote in message

(Word 2003). Hi. I can't figure out how to set up text so the

paragraph
is single spaced, followed by 1.5 or 2 spacing between the

paragraphs.
Thanks!

--
Colleen