Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

Default single space text/double space between

Indeed :-)
It was having just had this conversation that made me write it out in full
there.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Alt+F9, for example, in a post of yours that I just saw.

so
all may benefit.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
There are quite a lot of not-quite-toggles actually. You get used to

them
but they can catch you out when giving.step-by-step instructions to

someone
and they have to do them twice to get the expected result.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You're welcome. This is an interesting one to experiment with because

it
is
not quite a toggle. It adds 12 pts if there is no Space Before and can
remove the space you just added, but if the Space Before is anything

other
than 12 pts, it increases/decreases it to that amount.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
I thought I was pretty good with the keyboard but I didn't know

that -
thank
you, Suzanne.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
That's what the Spacing Before/After setting in Format | Paragraph

is
for.
An easy way to add 12 pts (equivalent of a "blank line") before a
paragraph
is to press Ctrl+0 (zero), though of course this type of

formatting
is
best
applied using a style such as Body Text (which has 6 pts after by
default).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Colleen" wrote in

message

(Word 2003). Hi. I can't figure out how to set up text so the
paragraph
is single spaced, followed by 1.5 or 2 spacing between the
paragraphs.
Thanks!

--
Colleen