If you have Acrobat 7 installed, see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

"sylvaticus" wrote in message
I created an autotext.dot and toolbars.dot template to store my autotext
entries and toolbar configurations. I stored them in my \STARTUP

directory,
and if I click on Tools...Templates & Add-Ins, I see they are there, so

the
templates are not in the wrong directory and Word is finding them upon
launch. If I shut down Word and relaunch it, the entries are still there

and
work as expected. However, every time I shut down my PC and relaunch, the
entries are missing.

I'm using WinXP and Office 2003 on a new, two month old laptop and I have
all current updates and SP2, and I am logged in with full administration
rights.

As a side note, because it may be the same problem (?), when I create a

new
email (I use Word as my editor), the toolbars are in awful positions, and
when I move them around and start a new email, my changes don't matter.

This has been going on forever (since before my laptop with mail tool

bars,
and since my laptop with the autotext entries). I really hope someone can
help me or point me in the right direction. Searching MS Support and

Google
have turned up nothing that has helped.

Thank you and best regards,

Keith