clairej

Thanks Bob

I've tried that...the problem is that it is not saving the changes to the
table style, i.e. when I then open a new document the column is moving again.

V. frustrating that Microsoft have made this change I must say!

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Claire,

In Tools=Options=Save do you have the setting to
prompt for changes to Normal template turned on?
If not then the changes may have been saved without
the prompt.

========
"clairej" wrote in message ...
I've just tried the techniques suggested by Herb but can't get it to stick to
the Normal template. I followed all the steps but don't get prompted to save
Normal.dot; when I open Normal.dot and try to edit the stlye directly it
doesn't work in subsequent new docs... Any suggestions?
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP