Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default URGENT help needed, please - TOC disappeared

Do you have a backup?

"Laura79" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2002 with Windows Millennium Edition.

At the final edit of a long project. TOC was coming out with the same page
number for every entry, even after an "Update TOC" command. So I thought I
would delete the whole thing (selected the TOC text, then Ctrl-X) and

start
over by re-generating the TOC. Tried an "InsertReferenceTOC" command, it
asked me if I wanted to "replace the selected TOC" - said yes. And now

there
is NOTHING AT ALL for a TOC. Apparently, there is a "selected TOC" lurking
somewhere. I can't find it, and can't generate another one. There is a

blank
page before the start of the document that I can't get rid of. Project
deadline was three hours ago, and I'm holding up the whole works, printers
and all. Can you help please???