Shelly

My reply was not meant to offend you. I know you didn't know the version.
Sorry to have bothered you and thanks again for the links I won't bother you
again.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Well, excuuuuuse meeeee, but I can't see your screen from here,
so I have no way of knowing what versions of Word or Winfax you
have. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto
or http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/ , and search for the exact
error message(s) you're getting.

Shelly wrote:

Thanks but we have Word 2002. Should I still try removing the Wfwrd2k2.dot?

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Could be. See
http://symantec.atgnow.com/consumer/...sultType=5000#
..

Shelly wrote:

We do not have Norton AntiVirus but we do have Symantec Winfax could that
make a difference?

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.

Shelly wrote:

I have two employees who recently received new computers with Windows XP.
They are now continually having problems with the error message Normal.dot.
If they say no to changing the Global Templete the get into a loop they
cannot get out of and even if they say yes they have problems. What could be
going on?