Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default HELP Fields are showing-affecting pagination

Yes, field results are not showing but that they do print
correctly?

and this makes it very difficult to edit the doc for correct pagination, etc.
In Adv. I believe in the Prnt setting, that box IS cleared. I will check if
there is a box talking about "showing" as you suggest.

Also, this anomality is only on my computer. When I take the doc to another
computer, it acts normal so I figure it is a setting. Thanks
--
Janet A.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you saying that field results are not showing but that they do print
correctly?

If so, do the following: In the Word Options dialog box, click the Advanced
category. Under "Show document content," clear "Show field codes instead of
their values." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
Macropod, it is unchecked. The only ones that are checked are background
printing and A 4 something (2007)
--
Janet A.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Janet ,

Goto Word Options|Advanced|Print and uncheck the 'Print field codes
instead of their values' option.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
Earlier today, in another doc, I inserted captions (2007).
This pm in another set of docs, my captions are showing as
cTRL+f9 STYLEREF 1 \S cTRL+f9 - cTRL+f9 SEQ Table \ * ARABIC \s 1
cTRL+f9
or Table 4-15, when printed.

How to get rid of seeing this as toggle field does not work and I am on
deadline.
--
Janet A.