WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Two columns to one column

Instructions to switch between one and two columns in Microsoft Word

To switch from two columns to one column, you'll need to insert a section break. Here's how to do it:
  1. Place your cursor at the end of the text in the first column.
  2. Go to the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Breaks" button in the "Page Setup" section.
  4. Select "Continuous" under "Section Breaks."

This will insert a section break and start a new section on the next page. The new section will be in one column.

To switch back to two columns, you'll need to insert another section break. Here's how to do it:
  1. Place your cursor at the end of the text in the one-column section.
  2. Go to the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Breaks" button in the "Page Setup" section.
  4. Select "Columns" under "Section Breaks."

This will insert a section break and start a new section on the next page. The new section will be in two columns.