Carol

Default uninstall Office problems

Lenny,

Just out of curiosity, do you by any chance have WordPerfect Help selected
under Tools and Options? And do you have the wordPefect Navigation keys
selected there as well? If you do, deselect them and see if that gives you
any help.

"lenny" wrote:

.......even if I try to change the name of the file from within the Startup
folder the computer stalls.

"lenny" wrote in message
the document template is at the moment (as well as on a USB pen) in the
Word / Startup folder. I am unable to delete it from there. The computer
just freezes up when I try to delete it or open it. I am unable to do
anything except restart the computer to clear the screen.

"lenny" wrote in message
I have tried deleting normal.dot and still no good. The problem is that I
have a word document that opens on every other computer that I have access
to but not this one. When I try to open it upWord stalls, the page doesn't
open properly and I am unable to use this document. It is a template. I
have also saved the template as a document and tried to open that but with
the same problems. This template has some macros in it (they need to be
there) and they may be causing the problem but I have opened it on 4 other
computers with no problems at all.

On my laptop (the problem system) the document gets put into the disabled
items section.

Uninstalling and re-installing will hardly ever fix a problem. Exactly
what is the problem?

Most of them will be fixed by renaming the Normal.dot template to
Normal.old and then re-starting Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"lenny" wrote in message
Hi,
I have recieved a laptop that has a few problems with Word and as a
consequence I am trying to uninstall word or office but the computer is
not letting me. Can someone help me with the instructions for
uninstalling manually? Here is my problem.

I have Windows XP SP2 installed and in the Add/Remove programs Works,
Office 2000 and Office 2003 basic. I can only find Office 2003 under
the Start/all programs route and I am having loads of problems with
Word so am trying to delete all the Office programs. The programs will
not uninstall using Add/Remove. Office 2000 says that it needs the
discs to run the uninstall utility and I don't have them. Office 2003
asks what I want to do and then stalls after a few moments of gathering
information and I am unable to go any further.

Hoe can I manually uninstall Office completly from my computer?

Any help greatly recieved!
Cheers
Lenny