ZandarKoad ZandarKoad is offline
Junior Member

You, Mr. Peter Jamieson, are a genius. It took me about five minutes in between steps 'Office button' and 'Word option' (I never SAW that before!), but after that... worked like a charm.

I have no idea how that little box could have gotten checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jamieson View Post
If it is checked, try unchecking Office button-Word
options-Advanced-Show document content-Show field contents instead of
their values and save your document/close/re-open if necessary.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

ZandarKoad wrote:
For the last two weeks I've been using mail merge flawlessly on MS Word
2007. I printed out over 600 envelopes using the step by step mail
merge wizard.

Whenever I would get to "step 5 of 6 - Preview your envelopes" the
First Name and Last Name fields would be replaced with the
actual names of the specific recipient for preview. I could iterate
forward and backwards through the list, and see the different names go
by... That all changed today for no reason whatsoever.

Now, whenever I insert a field, it doesn't display the fiend as First
Name, but rather, as {MERGEFIELD "First_Name"}. And the big problem
is, when I go to PREVIEW the envelopes, it WILL NOT DISPLAY the actual
recipients name! It only shows that same, {MERGEFIELD "First_Name"}
crap. I can get it to show the actual recipient name by right
clicking, then selecting 'toggle field codes' but every time I browse
through the recipients, it resets. It makes it almost impossible to
print out a single envelope out of the list because you can't see which
recipient you are on.

Any ideas?